Monday, May 17, 2010

Crazy Life.

It has taken quite a long time for me to get back to feeling normal. As nine weeks few by I am finally feeling better. Ever since our little monster was born I have loved looking at the big guy just wondering what life will bring for him. Will he follow his Dad’s dream for him to be a farmer or will he decide to go to college to do something amazing. I know that we will think that whatever he does is amazing but will he save lives, teach children, build buildings, or anything else that takes a college degree? I love thinking about Will’s future. Who will he marry? How many children will he have? Most importantly, will he be happy? These are the questions that I think about when I look at him. As I do so, it makes me think about Dennis and my past and how we met. Just the other day, Mark (Dennis’s Dad) said something about the wedding dance that brought Dennis and I together. Who knew that going to that wedding dance that night would bring the fate of Will and all the other future children we may have?

It’s funny how things work out in life. Knowing that day that it was that cute blondie from Baileyville’s sister’s wedding, I did want to go. Not for any other reason but to maybe catch a glimpse of this cutie again. Now, five years later we have a son together, three years of almost all blissful marriage, and countless other blessings. I say almost because we are human and like every marriage have had our ups and downs. The saying that goes “The first year is the hardest” I believe holds true. He may get on my nerves some but I know that I get on his and he is so good to me. He has helped me out in so many areas of life. I guess what I am getting at is how life has panned out for us is just interesting. Do you ever sit and wonder how things would have turned out if you hadn’t done something. I wonder, had we not gone to that wedding dance that night for any of a number of reasons, would we have gotten together and started dating? I thank God every day for what He has given me and the people that he has put in my life. I say many times that I am truly blessed for the people that around me. I tell Will that he has no idea how many people love him. He was told that before he was even born.

I am rambling on at how amazing life is but I guess what I want to get across is that I will always wonder if Will, will find someone as amazing as I have. If she will support him in ways that Dennis has supported me. Will she make him grow up in some areas and teach him to always be a kid at heart? Even though Dennis really doesn’t even know that I write this blog I just want to thank him for putting up with me. I know some of you may think I have to put up with him but I do my fair share of complaining and whining. So, for the five years of togetherness, I thank you Dennis, for loving me, for being my husband, and for giving me our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment