Thursday, June 16, 2011

Update on Will

Will had his 15 month check up on Monday and he weighed 28 ½ lbs and is 32 inches long. Big boy, but we all knew that. If you remember, he started walking back in January, so naturally, he is running and climbing onto EVERYTHING! Truly, everything. The other day, we were hanging outside and while I was attempting to weed the flowers a bit, Will decided he wanted to ride the four- wheeler. It was just a few feet behind me so I let him play by it and when I turned back around not but a minute later, he was on top of the dang thing, straddling it and playing with all the knobs and gadgets. Afraid of him falling off, I stand right by him as he gets off of it as if he had done this a hundred times.

Every time we go outside, he runs straight for the lawn mower that is broken down by the garden. He loves to sit on it and pretend to run it. We can just tell that he is a natural farmer. On Sundays, when Dennis has to watch him while I’m either at work or sleeping , he is Dads little helper. They will fix fence together, check cows, just do the farm chores that have to be done.

He is also a wonderful sharer. Just last night, we were sitting in front of the TV eating watermelon and grapes when Will turned around and started shoving grapes in my mouth. It was so funny. I guess I looked hungry or just that he enjoyed making me laugh.

I could go on forever about this little kid. He is such a joy to hang out with. His personality grows every day. We are still working on following directions and things like not hitting. Will has just started the hitting stage. He thinks it is funny even when I get the stern face telling him NO. It will all resolve in time. Until then, we will enjoy every second with this little man and try our best at raising a true gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment