Sunday, February 3, 2013

Home made Nutella

Recipe follows:
1 c. hazelnuts
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c.  powdered sugar
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. coconut oil
 
I changed things up so read to see what I did differently!
 
 
My helper, processing the almonds. Yes, I said almonds. I had them and I didn't have hazelnuts. So, almonds it was.
 
 
Baby Puppy had to see too.
 
 
Add the cocoa powder.
 
 
And the rest of the stuff. I changed powdered sugar to splenda. It started to have a splenda taste so I did add maybe a Tablespoon of powdered sugar to finish off the sweetness without the taste.
 
After everything was added I found it to be very thick. Hazelnuts and almonds obviously have different fat content so I'm sure this is why. It would have made for a great 'cheese' ball of sorts. I added some milk to thin it out. If you want to be healthier you could add the coconut milk but I didn't want to open a can just for this.
 
If this isn't quite the consistency you want then just add more milk. If you make the un-healthy kind it would be much smoother as it adds melted chocolate.
 
 
 
I thought it made quite a bit for only a cup of almonds. Don't make fun of the jars, I couldn't find any lids! This alternative recipe has an almond taste to it but I love that so I don't mind.
 
 
My other helper was doing a great job at being cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment