Monday, March 4, 2013

Tubes

 
Friday, Lillian had tubes put in. We had our appointment at 8:15 to decide if she would get them or not. Having not been through this before I had no idea what to expect and thought she would be in surgery by 9 or so. Well, I was wrong. After her appointment we then went to surgery waiting room and waited, and waited, and waited. All while not being able to feed our baby girl. We were not really prepared to wait until lunch time! I was more upset because we hadn't fed her anything but water since the night before. I've had surgery around noon and remember being able to eat that morning but that was it. When she woke up at 5 wanting food, it was hard not to feed her!
 
She did great under the terms though. She took a short nap and chased a balloon around the hall ways and in the room we were in. Once she went back at 12:05 we grabbed a drink and waited. Only 15 minutes later they came back with her trying to wake up. After her vitals were taken she downed a 9oz bottle and I'm sure she would have taken more but I didn't want her to get a tummy ache after not eating that much so we didn't give her more. We got home around 1:15 and she slept until 4:15. Then I fed her what she wanted and had 2 7oz bottles! We picked up brother from daycare and made doughnuts at home.
 
The doughnuts were 'healthy' and pretty yummy.
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. sugar (I used splenda but if I were to do it again I'd use agave nectar because it had a spelenda taste)
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
4 Tbs. coconut oil
 
Mix together and bake at 450 for 6-7 minutes.
For the frosting, I mixed dark chocolate with coconut oil and un-sweetened coconut flakes and topped it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment