Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Resolutions!

Every year, almost everyone makes New Year Resolutions. How long do they last? Not long, that's for sure. A co-worker/ fellow blogger makes monthly goals and gave me the idea to do this this year. So I guess that's my new years resolution? For January, my monthly goals will be, no junk food, no excesses spending, 15 minutes of cleaning a day and a little something for my marriage, a hug and kiss every day.
 
The no junk food for me is narrowed down to sweets. I'm not a fan of potato chips or any of the salty stuff. My guilty pleasure is all sugar! Now I have very few exceptions for this, fiber one bars and protein bars will be my exception. If I go all out, only the macros needed, protein, carbs and fats, I'll last 2 weeks before I fall off hard and go crazy on the sugar. So if I allow myself the 'junk' that is in fiber one bars I feel like I'm still getting the junk I crave but yet not getting all the horrible, horrible, sugar.
 
No excesses spending. Mostly, this involves groceries for me. I'm a food hoarder I swear. Not even that much junk food, just food. So this will be only the foods that we NEED. This may be the hardest goal as we ARE building a house and will need things for that. On top of that, my children's birthdays are coming up and I will be planning the party along with gifts for them. (One gift will be new bedding for the both of them! 2 birds with 1 stone?)

 
15 minutes of cleaning every day. Sounds easy but for some reason, it just doesn't happen and then I feel swamped on my days off. I'm not sure if this will include the typical dishes that need to be done every day anyway. Is that cheating?

 
Lastly, a hug and kiss from my favorite man every day. Okay, second favorite man? Will trumps Dennis any day. With my work schedule and as much as Dennis works, there are several days we see each other in passing only. No, we are not in any kind of slump but being as we are approaching the 'seven year itch' and building a house, why not make sure that we are making time to connect every day.
They know if they have developed a plan to support that goal, their roadmap! Our new workbook can show you how!  goalsforall.com   goalsforall.blogspot.com
 
These are small yet huge goals for January. Some I may continue on the next month but I'm hoping that all just become a habit and I don't have to put them down for February. Once I see myself sliding some then they will be put back on the goal list. I have printed off a tracker and I'm going to tape it on my dresser next to my bed. Every night before I close my eyes, I'll mark whether I have achieved that goal for the day or not.

What are your goals for the new year? Will you do monthly goals or will you do a new year resolution? Have you ever stuck with a goal for the entire year?

2 comments:

  1. I love the goals per month idea! I'm going to have to do that this year! Missed seeing your face this Christmas. I hope you guys had a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so missed you guys! Even though you came back for such a great party... we didn't get a chance to chat! Oh and Will does love his blanket! He wouldnt smile for a picture for your mom but that night he sure wanted to sleep with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete