Saturday, January 2, 2010

10 Weeks Left!!!!


Good news, I passed the 3 hour gestational diabetes test!! I sure did indulge in all the sweets from Christmas. As always, I am a little ready for all that to end so that I can start eating a little healthier again. Key word being LITTLE! Baby is getting to the point where I can now feel where his butt is. It is pretty funny being able to feel him move from the outside now. He weighs a whopping 3- 3 ½ lbs now. I will start going to the doctor’s appointments every two weeks after this next one on the 12th. One craving that I have been having is Krispy Kremes!! Maybe I should send my blog to them and see if I can get some kind of endorsement for sharing to the world at how their doughnuts are so much better than any other wanna-bes out there! Thanks to Dad for getting me some since no one around here sells them any longer. It is hard to believe that there are only 10 weeks left! This pregnancy has gone by so fast, I just don’t understand why so many women hate being pregnant or complain that they have been pregnant forever. Whenever I am having a bad day like yesterday I just wish I could drink a ½ bottle of wine!


The baby’s room is in about the same state as before. Dennis has a job to do indoors now and so he hasn’t been at home to work on it much this last week. Of course we were snowed in on Christmas but it was a holiday and no one should have to work on a holiday… says the one who has to work if scheduled! But anyway, we did get the window in and I picked up the paint so I am ready to paint when the room is ready.


Like I said, we were snowed in on Christmas so it really didn’t seem like we had much of a Christmas. We pushed up my Mom and Dad’s Christmas on Christmas Eve and had it at 1. By 4:30 we had to leave to ensure that we would not be stuck in Sabetha for days. So we ate and unwrapped gifts quickly. Since we usually have supper and then go to the midnight church, it just seemed odd. On Christmas, Dennis attempted to go to his brothers to help out with chores and made it a whole mile before he got stuck in the tractor. So, he came home and Loren somehow managed to get to our house in the afternoon to crash at our house instead of being stuck at his mice infested house. He couldn’t make it to his parents house so I guess best next thing, us! On Saturday it took us about an hour to get from our house to Mark and Dottie’s for the Deters Christmas. It wouldn’t have taken us that long but some 2 door red Grand Prix decided to get out in the crazy weather. It took four guys shoveling snow and Dennis to hook it up to his truck to pull the car out of the snow drift. In the processes of this, one of the state trucks got stuck and then a tractor got stuck trying to get the state truck free. It was a mess but we finally got there. Since our Christmas’s were postponed until Sunday we had two to go to then. It was a great day just faster visiting than wanted. Katie has decided to run off several times now! She came home on Christmas day after two days of being gone. Today makes day three now that she has been gone. It is very frustrating not knowing where she is or if she is okay. I have had several nightmares now that she is injured or even worse. I just pray that she is okay and will return home safely. So, in the processes of righting this I have thought of Katie only two dozen times and I have eaten the last two chocolate glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

1 comment:

  1. Only a half bottle of wine? That's not the Natalie I know and love... ;)
    Enjoy one of those Krispy Kremes for me! I miss them!

    ReplyDelete