Sunday, January 10, 2010

Poor Katie!

Baby should weigh right around four pounds now! It is hard to believe, and he is about 16 inches long. I can feel him and his body parts much more. I will feel his butt right above my navel. Pushing on it lightly makes him move to another place, I have had fun playing with him doing this. Dennis says that I am picking on him but it isn’t hurting him so I’m just having fun! I have just started to notice him behind my ribs this past week. It gets just a little uncomfortable when he is up there but I just push him around and then I can sit again. I have an appointment on Tuesday to see how the little guy is doing.

With all this snow we have been having, Dennis has been doing his dad’s chores for a couple of days so that he can plow the roads. Dennis was kind enough to plow H Rd north on Thursday to make sure that I could get to work. I really needed him more on the St. Benedict road. I had to drive on the wrong side of the road in order to not get stuck in the four foot snow drifts. That was really the only bad day. Who knew that 3 inches of blowing snow would cause 5 foot snow drifts! I think everyone is looking forward to this week ahead because melting snow is forecasted!!

I got Katie spayed on Monday. She had ran away yet again while in heat. This time she was gone for 3 days. If she did get pregnant, her puppies would have been due only a week or two before the baby we want arrives! I would not have been able to handle that. Luckily it was the coldest week of the year so she had to stay inside while her incision heals a little. I had never seen that much blood, even when Kyle cut off his finger! It was horrible; she bled all over the car, on the porch and me. She probably lost a good cup or two of blood. The VET said to wrap a diaper around her, luckily I had gotten a few freebies. She is starting to get board inside. Since tonight will finally be nice enough for her to stay outside, she will.

Dennis and I sanded the baby’s room last night and then he decided to put one more coat of mud on the ceiling. He should have it sanded today so that tomorrow I will be able to start panting. I am so excited to get it done! This is the only thing that is making me anxious. If the crib doesn’t get done, oh well I just want the room done before the baby shower so that I can put things away.

No comments:

Post a Comment