Monday, May 16, 2011

Fondant Roses

This is how you start, roll out your fondant pretty thin. (I could have rolled it out quite a bit thinner, I was hurrying while two babies slept.) You will also need this funky looking petal cutter. After you have cut several flowers out, you will need to make a cone as pictured.

I put this cone on a stick to help me hold it in place. Then I start with one petal and start wrapping the petals, one at a time around the cone. You will need to 'glue' the peddles to the cone by either placing a little water on it or piping gel as I did.















You will repeat this step several times until you have reached the size of rose you are wanting.
























Here are my roses that I made. Ya, I know, I need more practice, but for the first time to have ever done this, I thought I did a pretty good job.


At the end, the base was vary thick and I had to cut some of the fondant off. Really it wasn't a big problem but I'm not sure if the professionals have to do this or if it was just me. I will work on them more.






No comments:

Post a Comment