Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Harry Potter Cupcakes.

Beerbutter.



It sounds rich and oh so bad for you. If you like butterscotch, this is a drink for you! Well, I made the drink into a cupcake (the recipe is from Amy Bites blog I posted a while back). If you care to make the drink, it is as simple as adding 1 cup butterscotch schnapps into one 2 litter bottle of cream soda. Not enough alcohol that you should worry about your kids drinking one small glass of it. It is so buttery with just a hint of the butterscotch.



(I had to try just a bit of it :))

Mixing the butterscotch chips and heavy cream in a double broiler will make a ganache that is inserted into the cupcake and later drizzled over the top of the cupcake.



The decorations on it is a little tacky given the fact that I didn't have long to decorate them but I tried my best at making them Harry Potter themed cakes. The Ganache is also in the buttercream. Butterscotch delish-ness all around!





No comments:

Post a Comment