Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rugged Maniac

Thanks to these two who ran (or climbed) it with me. Not sure what I was thinking other than "It's only a 5k, I can do that no problem!" Well... I've never done a 5k, UP HILL. When I say up hill, I mean, this was at a ski resort, so up hill really means a 45 or more degree angle up hill. That is definetly what sucked about the race. I was worried about the ice cold water but it wasn't too bad.
 


Crawling Tunnels- This one we went down a tunnel into a mud pond that we had to crawl in because there was barb wire above us. Then we had to crawl back up the tunnel. Luckly there was a rope to help us, not sure I could have made it with out the rope.
 
Balancing Maniac- This one we walked over a pool of water balancing on a 2x8. Jason had a mis hap with this one and was cleaned off for just a minute or two.
 
Cargo Climb- This was climbing over a cargo net. It was pretty tall but it was easy enough.
 
Manic Baracades- There were several of these. Most were pretty easy but there were two that if we didn't have Jason to pull us up to the top, not sure I would have made it. It was jumping on top a 4x4 and balancing enough to grab the top of the baracade. I couldn't balance without the help.
 
Tire Jungle- Pretty easy, running in tires on the ground while dodging tires swinging.
 
Prometheus Leap- This was jumping over the fire. We thought about hanging out there for a bit to warm up.
 
Rugged Rope Ascent- We could only get over that hill by pulling ourselves up with a rope.
 
There were several more, mostly more baracades and lots of crawling in mud, some with water waste deep and others just enough water to made it so muddy you got stuck with every step. 


My battle wounds. They don't look so bad in the picture but they are even swollen. They will be really pretty in a day or two. I didn't even know I had bruises until I went to Mom and Dad's to pick the kids up and thought, "my shins hurt"... There'd be a reason!
 
It was a fun day but if I ever think I want to do it again, someone remind me that it needs to be in Western Kansas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment