Monday, November 11, 2013

Who are you and are you happy?


This post may upset some but I hope it motivates most. In all of my fitness journey I have come to find out there are three different kinds of people as far as health and fitness goes. There is the passionate type, the healthy, and the lazy.

The passionate ones are the people who never stray off their diet. They are 100%, 100% of the time. The only time they cheat is their once a week allowed cheat. They never miss a workout, no matter how much they don’t want to do it. Every gram of food is weighed out and fits their macro-nutrients. Life does not stand in the way. We all have excuses but these people kick excuses to the curb. Because of this dedication and passion for their health, they find the results they want and work for.

The healthy is the type of person who watches what they eat, they may even weigh out all their food but they still enjoy the foods they desire. They work out and enjoy it. If they have a birthday party but already had their cheat meal, they still enjoy that piece of cake. I personally find myself in this category. I really enjoy having my pre-made pre-measured foods that fit my macros. With this being said, I cheat way more than I should. This is because I want to ENJOY my life. If I can’t have the foods that make me happy and that I enjoy then I’m not a happy person. Sorry but it’s true. I don’t know many people who would want to be around me when I can’t eat the foods I enjoy. I’m not talking about junk either. Almond butter on cottage cheese is one of my favorite small meals. Since it doesn’t fit the macros I am not ‘allowed’ to eat it. The 'passionate' ones will call these people lazy.

Lastly, the lazy. This is the person who doesn’t eat right and almost never works out. Again, sorry if this upsets someone.

The thing about all different types of these people is whether or not you are happy being that person. If you are the lazy type and complain about being ‘fat’ or ‘tired of feeling like crap’ then change it. Upgrade yourself and see how things change. If you are happy being in the ‘lazy’ category and you are fine with the way you look then GREAT! If you are happy being in the ‘healthy’ category then GREAT! I know I am! That’s the thing, sure I’d love to lose about 10-20 pounds but the reality is if I attempt to be the ‘passionate’ person that I’m not, I’m not happy. I can lose that weight much better by eating the way I want and being happy. Lastly if your happy in the ‘passionate’ category then wonderful! You are one dedicated person who everyone should applaud you for. To be this person you have to give up so much, it’s hard to do. I know, I've tried.

This post is really just to ‘shut up’ those who dog on the lazy or call those who are so dedicated that they say ‘no excuses’ pushy. What really matters is that you are happy with your life. If you’re not, then change it. No one can do this but you and you have to TRULY want to change in order to do it. These last 14 weeks I have been trying to change but the fact of the matter is, I don’t want to. I’m a personal trainer because I LOVE to work out. I love fitness and it’ll never leave my life. I want to pass this on to others and if changing their ‘lazy’ status to ‘healthy’ or ‘healthy’ to ‘passionate’ then FANTASTIC! But mostly, I want them to be happy with the way they feel and what they see in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment