Monday, July 6, 2009

Camping on the 4th!

Oh, what a long but great weekend!

It started off on Friday when Nikki and Kent had a party for one of Kent’s cousins. It was a good time, ending with the Sabetha fireworks. Great job Dad! It had been many years since I had seen the fireworks by Sabetha. When we got home then, Dennis stayed home and I went to the Centralia Lake and camped out with my friends. Amy who I don’t get to see much anymore came up and I was very excited to see her. I do miss those days we would go on a whim to Sonic in Hiawatha or Falls City. I am a person who has to have a plan, I have never been able to do this very easily. It is because of this, I enjoy having someone in my life who has made me do these things. Thanks Amy, without you, I would have stayed home most weekends of my high school career! Lacy and Jere were also camping. They have a camper and it is much nicer than sleeping on the cold, hard, bumpy ground. We camp over by the boy scout campgrounds which is great because no one else is around for us to fight with whose music do we hear more, whose dog is fighting with what other dog. It is just great to be us friends out. While camping Lacy made a nice little announcement! Baby Engelken will be here around February 12! YEAH!!! I am so very excited for them.

Saturday we camped out most of the day and it was very cold for July 4th! When the sun did come out it was nice but WOW so cold when not!! We then went to Carol’s parent’s house in Onega to see Luke and Carol. They have had this party for 22 years! It was good to see them, it seems like we don’t get the chance to see them much. After, we went back to the lake and spent the night. I slept in my car both nights (much better then sleeping in the top bed of the camper, a little tight!)

Sunday I went to see Jill! YEAH! It was so good to see her, it seems like such a long time! Who knew the one who was so afraid to fly would someday be a world traveler!

So, here is for a week full of work, freezing green beans, and taking care of baby kittens!

1 comment: