Thursday, December 10, 2009

27 weeks

I can’t believe how fast this pregnancy is going, 27 weeks is the last of the second trimester! After the odd morning last week, I have felt great or at least back to normal. Since baby weighs over two pounds now it is getting harder to breath for me. He has been VERY active. I think he went a full 48 hours without sleeping… at least if he was sleeping we may need to be worried about a sleep-walker! Since my next appointment isn’t until Thursday, I don’t have anything else to update you on this little guy.

Dennis and I have both LOVED this snow! He has been working hard at home. He has transformed the basement into his little shop. It is all cleared out with tables and everything down there. It is quite impressive. He started today working on getting the laundry room on the porch. He hates every minute of it but it will be so nice to have the baby’s room done! He will get it all done within the next few weeks and then he gets to start on the crib!!

As for me, I have been working nights, a little hard when the guys are downstairs making so much noise. I don’t feel like I can complain though. We have some determined mice in our house too… I have had several traps set out… like always, only I thought I had finally gotten anything that they could destroy and make me unable to use put in the cabinets. Well, I apparently missed a packet of liquid pectin. There may be a mouse or two or a dozen who are stiff somewhere in our basement. After drinking the pectin, they then started in on our canned goods. Yes, the soup sure does look good on the label but you don’t get to taste the soup if you just eat the label! I guess mice don’t understand that because they have eaten the labels off of several of our canned soups and beans. Anyway, this week has been pretty quiet, nothing compared to the week ahead of us. We are off to visit Amber and Ryan in KC tomorrow. I think we are just going to stay Friday night and then come back home Saturday night, so it will be a short trip but one that needs to happen before baby comes along!

No comments:

Post a Comment