Friday, December 4, 2009

Quick trip to the doctors:

Don't worry all is okay with baby! Thursday morning I work up and was very dizzy, couldn't catch my breath and my heart rate was running about 100. This kept on for an hour or so so I called the hospital and talked to the nurses. They had Dr. Glynn call me back and she wanted me to come in just to check everything over. They also took some blood to check and see if maybe I was anemic and also check my thyroid levels. If those come back okay then either I am diabetic (will find that out on the 17th, I am not far enough long to find out yet) or it is just a fluke, will never happen again, or, it is just a late 2nd trimester kind of thing and it will happen again. She then also wanted me to get a sonogram done to make sure that there was nothing wrong with the placenta and double check the baby to make sure he is still doing fine. At the hospital getting the sonogram done, I started to black out. I asked for crackers or something and so the tech guy ran out to get something and while he was out, a lady came in and sat with me. I was seconds from completely passing out when she told me to lay on my side. I rolled over and very quickly felt much better. The tech guy then came in and gave me some OJ and crackers and then I was back to normal. Not really sure why I about passed out but I am much better now. So, the sonogram went well and reconfirmed that he is a HE and he weighs about 1lbs 12oz. The nurse called this morning and said that my blood work came back all fine and the only thing out of the ordinary was that I had low blood sugar levels. I was very glad to hear this because I was conserned that I would have gestational diabeties. So, all is fine with baby and me!

There really isnt anything else new or exciting to post about, just living our lives, starting to get cold! Dennis did go hunting on Wednesday afternoon, he siad they saw a few deer but nothing to get. I am glad just because I do not like deer meat... so, shhhh, I'm hoping that he doesn't get one, or gives the meat to someone else! I am taking another day off work on Saturday, so I will have another long weekend. Also, the 1st was my 3 year anniversary at work so it is my last pay raise unless the whole county gets one.

1 comment:

  1. ah..stink, its always scarier when a baby is involved. glad everything was ok.
    gina

    ReplyDelete