Monday, December 21, 2009

3rd Trimester tests

At 28 weeks you have to do a lot of tests, important tests. If you remember back, I was tested for Rubella and came back on the line for being immune to it. So, I was tested for that again along with the gestational diabetes test. The best result was that I am not immune to Rubella, so after the baby is born I just have to get my MMR shot again. So, baby and I will both be getting that! The bummer part is that I also failed my gestational diabetes test. This means that tomorrow morning, I have to go back in and do the 3 hour test. It is really 4 hours because I have to arrive there at 8AM and drink the yummy orange drink wait an hour and then they start drawing blood every hour for three hours, AND not eat the entire time!! If I fail this test, I guess I have gestational diabetes. I hope that I will get to take all the deserts home and freeze them from Christmas!! Other than that, the baby is measuring right on, his heart beat is the same ranging from 130-150 bpm. Dennis got to go with me to do all the extra stuff so he saw how a pregnant woman gets poked and prodded. I also got my RhoGAM shot.

Since it has been so cold, Dennis hasn’t gotten the chance to work on anything that he could get paid for. Good news to me though, he has gotten so much done in the house! He moved the laundry room out to the porch. The baby’s room and the hallway is all sheet rocked. All the lights work now, the hallway, bathroom and the hallway closet. It is so exciting; I never knew a person could be so excited for lights! Since it is going to be crappy again I think he will get it all mudded in time for me to paint on my week off work. He also bought me a washer for my birthday!!! I woke up to an awesome, energy efficient Maytag washer that is top load but has no center console. So, it holds a lot more stuff in it, and exactly what I had wanted.

I guess I kinda updated you with the baby updates. Visiting Amber was fun, I felt bad we didn’t stay two nights but I was so tired I would have been a bore. We ate at Famous Daves BBQ and then we went to Dave and Busters after. If you have never ate a Famous Dave’s I recommend it! It was very good and a lot of BBQ for really pretty cheap. Dave and Buster’s was pretty fun, Dennis had never gone so to be a kid every now and then was really fun. We did a Gene Machine that takes the pictures of two people and transforms it into what your child is to be. I’ll attach a picture, we both thought it was pretty comical. We then went to the Nelson Art Museum in the morning. We stayed away from all the paintings, I figured that if we did that, Dennis wouldn’t mind as well. I was disappointed that the ancient Egyptian exhibit was closed. I thought Dennis would really appreciate that. We went through the Native American exhibit and ancient Chinese exhibit. I do think he enjoyed seeing things that were 1500 years old. I had a good birthday. We went to see the movie The Blind Side, I would recommend it to anyone. It was not the tear jerker like I thought I would be. We ate at Sonic afterwards. I love Sonic, it is one of those places that you have to have the same thing every time you go. For me the cheddar bites, grilled chicken wrap, and diet cherry limeade is the usual order. So, tomorrow I will be going into the hospital in the morning, hungry and board to see if I do indeed have gestational diabetes. I will let you all know next week, cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment