Monday, February 1, 2010

Emergency Medical Dispatcher

As time passes, I want to meet this little guy more and more. I have been getting more tired as I just stand in place. That actually wears me out more than walking or any other kind of exercise. The little guy is measuring at 34 weeks and that was at 33 ½ weeks, so not much difference. His heart rate was holding steady at upper 120’s and lower 130’s. As of this doctor’s appointment, he was still head down. Somehow, I did not gain any weight in the last two weeks. I actually lost half a pound. I wasn’t trying for this but boy was I excited! Let’s call it the Krispy Kreeme diet. ; ) My next doctor’s appointment is set for February 9th, . Cross your fingers for a low or no weight gain again! Also baby related, I think he rotated on me because he is kicking me in places that he had never kicked before. I think it is because of this that it hurts so much when he kicks now.

This last week was pretty much the same old, same old for Dennis. He didn’t work much on the crib or anything, just enjoyed not having me around I guess. He was busy with work during the day and hauled a bunch of manure after he came home from work. So, he deserved to just relax after work a few days!

I left for Hays on Wednesday for an Emergency Medical Dispatcher class. The drive down there was not that bad at all, we got to our hotel about 5:30 and took advantage of the hot tub and exercise room. Since neither of us (Debra a co-worker) brought our swim suites (I don’t have one that fits) we just wore shorts and only got our legs in the hot tub. Class started at 8 on Thursday and we were greeted by a Steve Martin look-a-like. He smiled like him and everything! Anyway, about the class; we did learn a lot. We first started going over the EMD past and how it got started and then got into how to use the EMD system. I will not bore you with all the details but I do think that I will be able to use what I have learned in not only my work but also for personal knowledge. Class did last until 5 everyday. I was severely hoping that it would have gotten over shortly after lunch on the last day but it didn’t. We did make a stop at JC Penny to buy a swim suit or something that I could use to swim and get in the hot tub. Don’t worry I did get out after ten min. of usage. It was a fun stay at Hays but I was very glad to be home! After sitting in a classroom from 8-5, driving 4 hours was not something we wanted to do but did!

No comments:

Post a Comment