Sunday, September 18, 2011

CMA cake

Christian Motorcycle Association, is a group that rides and spreads the word of God. It's a great group of people and I happen to work with a couple of members. One of them, asked me to make this cake for a gathering they were having at Sycamore Springs. I was pretty excited about this opportunity. It is by far, the biggest cake I have made to date. My original idea was to use a cluster of trees in certain areas on the cake. Since this is my first stacked cake, I wasn't really anticipating the lack of space to put the trees. Things worked out well though as they were made of modeling chocolate, they were really easy to cut in half. I just put more buttercream on the back of the trees and attached to the cake.

This sign is made of fondant. If I had edible markers, I would have made this all edible. Since I don't, I had to use a regular marker and that is not okay to eat. The highway is also made out of fondant. I had to buy it because there is no way I would be able to get my own fondant that dark.
Chocolate rocks boarder the highway.


Overall, I'm pretty excited about how this cake turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good girl!! They have those edible markers at Hearthside. Saw them and about picked some up for some cake pops when I get in the baking mood!

    ReplyDelete