Monday, September 5, 2011

A Little Stressed?

It’s time for a little confession. This pregnancy, I have had about a million times more stress than I did with Will. I just feel as if this pregnancy is just doomed… There is not an once of me that would be surprised if I ended up on bed rest. Things are just not happening as smoothly as they did with Will. Don’t get me wrong, the baby is very health (as of the last we saw the little blob) and doing well! It’s daycare.


When I was pregnant with Will, I had called nine daycares before I got into one. I was starting to get stressed, but that is hard to do when I called all nine, in one day! That was it, one day of daycare hunting and BAM! We find one right away. With this daycare, we have been so blessed. She is a great ‘second mom’ for Will. He loves going to her house to play with her and all the other kids every day. You know you have a wonderful daycare when you drop your child off and he shuts the door on you. The first time he did this, it kind of hurt, but I thought about it and realized that it was the greatest thing, he LOVES it there. So, now I just laugh and am thankful for the fact that Will loves it.


With this pregnancy, I knew that for three days after announcing that we were expecting that we didn’t have daycare. I was relaxed about it, knowing that I was only seven weeks pregnant. After the three days, I had a wonderful surprise when picking up Will from daycare that we would be able to take the baby to her too! I was so excited! Well, things changed and the two kids that left for another daycare, hated it there and decided to come back to the place they also love. So, I was out of daycare. Back on the hunt I went.

A week or two went by where I called several daycares in town looking for two openings. I would HATE leaving our now daycare but would hate even more driving to two daycares every morning and evening. After calling half a dozen or so, I ran across one that was pretty sure that it would work out. Again, I was elated. She although, never told me it would for sure so I kept my eyes and ears peeled. I then get a message from her saying that it would not work out and that the kids also were going to stay with her. Turns out, she is now closing her daycare to work at another job. Wonderful, more parents now looking for daycare.


We fast forward a couple more weeks and we come to this last daycare. This daycare is quite different than the others. She gave me full on YES, we would be able to take Will to her. I was going to meet her this week to give her a little deposit just to ensure Wills spot for May. Again, another facebook message saying that she was going to have to decline because another family had an older child, allowing her to take two of their kids instead of my one. This again, was a week or two of me thinking we had it set in stone that daycare stressing was done with.


Crushed is an understatement to how I felt. A third daycare has now told us no. Why is it no one wants to take my baby boy? He is the most wonderful little guy there is, he is so loving, sweet, care free guy. I do know that it is not that they don’t want him. I know for a fact that his daycare now will be sad the day we do find daycare for him. If that day comes. So, I am now back on the so stressed I just want to cry boat. And, crying so much, I could float the boat! I can’t help but feel like there is just something horrible that has yet to happen with this pregnancy. Why is it that daycare is so hard to find? I know that people are looking for jobs out there, why can’t they open a daycare?


So, I end this by asking something of all of my readers. Will you please say a quick, simple little prayer for us to not only find a GREAT daycare, but also that the rest of this pregnancy will go relatively smoothly and stress free? Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, I feel like we will need all the prayers we can get.

3 comments:

  1. that us a question that has been up in the air for a long time---there are so many regulations that the state put on us, that its almost impossible for anyone new to start-it seems so overwhelming....and then the other thing, is on numbers-if we take a baby then that takes our numbers way down and cant have as many older kiddos when there is a baby in the house---so daycare providers are allowed to have 2 older kids or one baby--good daycare is hard to find-ill keep my eyes and ears open to you-arent you glad you started your search early?

    gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, I didnt mean to offend you in the least bit! Trust me, I know that the regulations has gone a lot higher. There actually has been several daycares close around here due to that. It just sucks. Nikki did get so lucky to have you as a daycare, you are great. Thank you so much for keeping an ear open for me! Yes, very glad I started early!!!

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. O no you did not offend me at all :) just sayin'

    ReplyDelete