Monday, December 12, 2011

Baby #2 26 week update:

I have been poked and prodded like all pregnant woman at the 26 week appointment. The best news of all for the appointment, I've only gained 17 pounds! Not really sure how that has happened as I have not in the least bit tried to keep it under control. I eat what I want, when I want it and figure I'll worry about starving myself after the baby is here. I did that with Will and gained 40. It's not a bad number to gain but not good either so whatever.

The baby is measuring about two weeks a head of schedule. I am 26 weeks 2 days or 4 depending on if you go by ultrasound or not and measured 28 1/2 weeks. Dr. says as long as it is within two weeks then all is okay. If in a month when I go back I am measuring even more than two weeks (four or five) then we would have to do another ultrasound to see what would be causing this. (I'm not at all disagreeing with seeing this little girl again and making sure she is a she!)

I had the lovely breakfast of that orange drink that tastes like flat orange soda. The taste isn't all that bad but you try choking down an entire can of flat soda. It's not all that easy, especially on an empty stomach. This is the gestational diabetes test. They draw blood and I wait a day or so to hear back the results. When I was pregnant with Will I failed the first test because I was told I didn't have to fast so I ate breakfast. I failed it by a mire 4 points too. So I made sure not to have anything before doing this test.

Then I got a shot in my butt. Okay hip but none the less, its still in a sensitive area and would rather blood be drawn any day. This is the Rhogam shot that I have to get twice every pregnancy to ensure that we can have more children if desired. I'm sure everyone knows what this is but just in case you don't... If you have a negative blood type then there is a possibility of the baby having a positive blood type. If this happens then my body will produce these anti bodies that fight off any subsequent pregnancies. So, not a fun shot to get but very necessary shot to get if we want more kids.

Overall it was a great appointment and was pretty normal. I did ask what she was thinking for an induction date. I know it is WAY a head of time but the curiosity was just killing me! As of now she is thinking the 12th and that is what I was guessing she would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment