Monday, December 5, 2011

Multi-colored swirl pt. 2

Lets see if I can describe how to do this with no pictures to help my directions.


Doing this swirl is much easier than trying to do the two different colored frosting's. It is truly easy!


You must use a piping bag for this one. No doing it cheaply by using a zip lock baggie here! If you buy the plastic disposable bags (the ones I usually use) they have a wonderful crease on two sides of the bag. The gel type of food coloring is what is needed. Take a toothpick full of the coloring and slide it from the tip all the way up the bag (as full as you will fill it with frosting.) You could easily do both sides to get more of a colored swirl. What you see here is only one side of color. Fill your bag with frosting and swirl! Yes, it's that easy!


These cupcakes were made for Wills last day of his daycare that he has gone to since he was born. They were chocolate cupcakes with peppermint frosting (hence the swirl).

As a side note, I am very sad that Will had to stop going to his one and only daycare. I know that I shouldn't get so hooked to a daycare but since she saw Will more than Dennis. She may have even seen Will more than I do depending on the week! I felt like I was taking Will away from a parent or grandparent. This is why I have been so emotional about it. The good news is that we have found a daycare that will take both kids. Wills first day is today! So, Mama is a nervous wreck and I am praying harder than I ever have that he makes the transition well and enjoys going there. Once again, I lucked out that Dennis had to take Will this morning so no tears for me. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment