Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 1 Inferno/ Nursing update:

I could post two blogs but here are my updates. 


Nursing:


Yesterday, Will was on a 4-wheeler ride with Dennis and I had just finished giving a bottle to Lillian. She was kinda fussing around with the first 1/2 oz or so and most of that ended up out of her mouth. So when she finished the bottle she wanted that little bit to top her off. Since I was home alone with her, I thought I would give nursing a go. If she had a bad latch, no one was around to watch me scream in pain. I didn't have the audience and could do what I pleased. She latched! I couldn't believe it. I of course had to pump after since I had given her a bottle before. Since I am typically even with what I make I had a rough guess of what she took from me. It was about 1/2 an ounce, exactly what I thought she would want. That feeding was apparently the start of her night... too early by my standards! So I woke her up at 11 when I was wanting to go to bed to feed her one last time before I hit the hay. She did it again! It took about a half an hour to eat. Since it had been so long since she ate, I pumped afterwards. Then she woke up at 3. I nursed again. This time she had a slightly bad latch on one side. I was about to give up and get the bottle since it was 3AM and I had to work this morning. But, we managed to get it a little better to where it didn't hurt too bad. I really should have just turned on more lights than just the TV and I'm sure it would have been better. Again, 30 minutes and she was done. I'm more than thrilled that nursing may actually work while at home. The ability to go out and not have to lug around the nipple torch-er device and worry about keeping bottles cold and then how to warm them up when on the go. Oh how nice this would be. 


Turbo Fire Inferno:


The diet was great. Until... There were sugar cookies from mother-in-law. They were good. All three. I knew that the next would be just as good as the first so why did I have to taste test all three?!? But overall I was pleased with how I did for my diet. Will and I even made ice cream in a bag and I had only a small taste of it. Luckly, I live with a human garbage disposal and all but two cookies were gone this morning (Yes, he ate a good 18 cookies last night!). I could place money on the fact that they will be gone by the time I get home today. So there will be no temptations for me when I get home! The good news, I did weigh myself this morning and I am down 2 pounds since last Wednesday. 


The workout didn't happen until 9:30 last night. Lillian was pretty fussy and not letting me get anything done so I just rocked her and knowing I hadn't worked out yet I went to sleep too so I could do it after she went to bed. So at 9:30 I woke up on the chair and she was out cold. I put her to bed and started the workout. It was overall a pretty easy workout, long but easy. Tonights workout is a 45 minute one plus a 20 minute one! Ya Baby!!! 


Let me tell you what this Inferno thing is. It is a 5 day diet and workout plan that goes along with the Turbo Fire. I am doing it first and starting the entire 90 day program next week. The Inferno states you can loose up to 10lbs in 5 days. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment