Friday, January 25, 2013

'fruit snacks'


 
 
Gummy Candies are really easy to make yourself and you can make it so much healthier too than the store bought stuff. I was wanting to make a whole bunch of dog bone gummies for Will's birthday last year but then I found out they don't keep but a few days, max and well, I like things that keep longer than that when I party plan!
 
Its these three easy ingredients, jell-o, gelatin, and water!
 
 
My little helper will show you exactly how to make these yummy (ours are sugar free) snacks.
 
Pour water into a pot.
 
 
Add your jell-o
 
Add three packets of gelatin.
 
 
Stir them while they warm up. Don't let it boil but just enough to resolve all the gelatin.
 
 
Pour into desired mold. (My little helper didn't do this. I am sure it would have been one large baking pan shape mold if that were the case.)
 
Stick them into the freezer for ten minutes or until just set up and then they pop right out of the mold. Hardly any cleaning after.
 
 
We ran out of molds and I didn't care to dig any others out so we just used an ice tray. This really works if you don't care what they look like or just a 'healthier' snack for yourself.
 
 
If you attempt to make these yourself, I hope you enjoy it as much as Will enjoys his 'fruit snacks'.
(Mom just doesn't buy the real thing so this works!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment