Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Are you setting any? Should I even try? I feel as though if I actually say they are "New Year Resolutions" then I will fail and not reach my goal. I have really been struggling with my eating habits of the late. I want to be healthy, I want a great body, I want to be proud of what I look like so why is it I eat so much junk? Its as though I truly can't help it. I bought cookies at the grocery store and after eating three I realized what I did and that I wasn't going to stop so I gave them to the pharmacy when I went to pick up stuff. I love to workout so that is no problem, it is just the eating portion I have troubles with. If any of you see me with junk food in my hand, I give you permission to smack me.

For my birthday and Christmas my sisters and parents bought me a three month program with a personal trainer. I am also going to do do personal training with her and my oldest sister. This is the third day of January and the third day of taking charge of my eating habits. The first day was GREAT! I didn't crave any junk, not even chocolate (witch I switched to dark several months ago). Yesterday I caved and had a few dark chocolate almonds but otherwise did pretty well. Today is a new day and yet still a challenge that I vow to overcome. The junk needs to get out of the house not only for me but for my kids. Will has taken sweet tooth to a whole new sweet teeth!

Do I have any other 'resolutions'? Ya, a few but I know it will be like any and all other new year resolutions! 1.) Clean 15 minutes a day. (If you add in loading the dishwasher, piling up dirty laundry into a basket, etc then I do this anyway but I'm talking on top of that, set a timer and go!)
2.) Pray every day. Even if it is with Will at bed time, I would have nothing that makes me happy without God.
3.) Be Happy. Sometimes this is a struggle even though I am a VERY happy-go-lucky type of person. I need to be happy in every aspect of my life and there are a few that I will have troubles with. I'm not going to go into detail but I shouldn't rely on others to make me happy.
4.) Save money. I need to pay off my credit card. This should only take a few months so after that, its back to getting my savings account back up. It will help once Lillian is off formula and onto regular milk and eating more of our food instead of store bought baby food. After I had Will I dumped my savings account to pay off the hospital bill and have struggled getting it back up since then.



We went sledding and they both loved it until they face planted into the snow. Will kept going. Lillian was done!

So she stayed on my hip on the sling after that as we pulled Will in the sled.


That is about all I have for resolutions for the new year. Some may go away like always (cleaning 15 minutes a day.!) but others will stick with me throughout the year. No matter what your resolution is for the new year, I wish you luck with keeping them and also I wish you a happy and healthy new year. May 2013 be better to you than 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment