Thursday, March 31, 2011

Not cake...

I really wanted to try out the smooth icing look on cookies. Now, this being my first try, I was pretty pleased, but, this is something that takes lots of practice. I had bought some Easter cookie cutters at Target the other day and gave it a go. Not being able to find my Grandma's sugar cookie recipe, I had to resort to a cookbook recipe. The tulips and carrots turned out the best. Probably do to the fact that they are pretty plain. I didn't want to go threw all the work of coloring even more frosting yellow so I went with store bought yellow icing ready to go in the tube and all. Bunnies were very fun and turned out pretty cute. Obviously, I need to practice on them more but until then, these were pretty cute. With the frosting having to set out for a night before being able to wrap them up, I thought the cookie turned out to be kinda dry. I had reports that they were not so much but, I guess I am my own worse critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment