Saturday, March 5, 2011

Samoa cupcakes

If you will be coming to Will's birthday you will get the opportunity to experience these cupcakes first hand without having to make them yourself! I can post a recipe but this is what I did and needed.
Our couch (Nikki) held a bake off for a fundraiser. I received 'Peoples Choice' for my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes. In winning this I received quite the award, I got this this caramel sauce, along with some other goodies.
I baked chocolate cupcakes, it was a certain recipe but lets just say chocolate cupcakes. After cupcakes were made I stuffed some of this yummy caramel syrup.


After the cupcakes have the caramel syrup in the center you dip them in chocolate ganache.
This is the coconut frosting. Lets talk about buttery! Next time that I make it, it will be lacking at least one stick of butter that the recipe called for. It was so buttery that the before I added coconut to the frosting, it wouldn't even stay on the spatula! It didn't call for the coconut but I had to put something in it to thicken it up. I am glad that I did though, it made it much more 'coconuty'
This is the end product! Don't they look scrumptious?!?!? Can't wait for Will's birthday to share these amazing cupcakes!!!!

1 comment: