Sunday, April 17, 2011

Recipe for Samoa Cupcakes

I guess I'm just going to do it this way for now and hopefully I will figure out how on earth to fix this dang posting problem sometime in the near future. Samoa cupcakes: For the chocolate cake: 2 cups AP flour 3/4 cup cocoa 2 cups sugar (1 cup white and 1 cup brown works great) 2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 2 eggs 1 cup hot coffee 1 cup buttermilk 1 Tbsp. vanilla 1/2 cup oil 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line cupcake pans with liners. Sift dry ingredients together and give it a whisk. Mix wet ingredients together in a 4 cup measuring bowl. Add wet to dry and whisk until smooth (not long). Add chocolate chips. Bakes for about 18 minutes Ganache glaze: 12 oz. mixed chocolate chips 4 oz cream 1/2 Tbsp butter Over double boiler, melt cream and chips together, add butter. Coconut Buttercream: 1 lb unsalted room temp butter 1 small white chocolate instant pudding mix 1 1/2 cup heavy cream 1/4 cup Malibu Rum (I omited because this was for my son's 1st birthday!) 1/4 cup cream of coconut 1 cup powdered sugar Beat butter and pudding in stand mixer with paddle on med high for about 5 minutes. (scraping bowl may be needed) or until light and fluffy, reduce speed to low and add cream and rum to blend, then rebeat on med high for 5 minutes. You may need to blend longer if it is still clumpy, just keep beating, higher the better. Reduce speed to low and add cream of coconut and sugar. (I found out that cream of coconut is very thick at the top and liquid at the bottom. You must stir it to have a consistancy you want. This may be the reason for my buttercream to turn out so greesy.) You will also need a carmel sauce. If you feel like being a creative baker, go for it, I on the other hand, had won the carmel sauce that was pampered chief and used it. To Assemble: Fill cupcakes with the caramel sauce, if you need to, you may have to cut a dome out. Dip the cupcakes into the Chocolate Ganache. You will need to let the ganache set up a bit. Add buttercream frosting and then drizzle more caramel over the top. If you happen to have some real samoa cookies, you can cut them in half and have a great decoration! If I were to make these again, I would have to figure something out with the frosting. It was way to greese for me, It tasted great but something needed changed. I also added cocanut flakes in the frosting to help with the issue on hand. I found this recipe at www.putacupcakeinit.blogspot.com there were several different Samoa Cupcake recipes I found but this was the best one I have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment