Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tangerine/Grape cupcakes!

To start this off, I bought new toys!!!!!!!!


These are the LoAnn flavorings and oils, I think I bought a dozen of them! I was so excited about these I just had to try them out. I have wanted summer cupcakes, just didn't know how or how to do it. Now I have what I needed!!!! Alright, I'll stop the excitement, on to the cupcakes:

I have to admit, I was getting lazy by the time that I fought with the sugar, so I cheated.

I used an average white cake mix for the cupcakes. I did change it up a bit by adding some sour cream and apple sauce to make it extra moist. I then added one Orange flavor and Tangerine flavor oil. The Grape frosting, I did make from scratch and yummy it is!


1 cup butter, softened

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

2 Tbs. milk

2 T. vanilla extract

1/2 bottle of LoAnn grape flavoring

4 cups or 1 lb. powdered sugar


Combine all the ingredients except sugar in a medium to large bowl and beat until smooth and well combined. Begin adding powdered sugar about a cup at a time, continuing to beat each addition until completely combined. You may need to adjust the consistency by adding sugar or milk until it is at the consistency you want. (I ended up adding quite a bit more milk. For some reason, it seemed quite stiff for what I wanted).

Frost and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment