Thursday, October 20, 2011

Family update:

I’m a good blogger right? I mean to the point that I update on a regular basis and I apparently keep some coming back to read more. Why is it then, that when I do bake, I have a hard time remembering my AMAZING camera? I keep forgetting to take pictures of the process in baking. In the last week and a half I have made Pumpkin Cheese Cake Brownies, Pumpkin cheese Cake, and I am now working on some cake pops. The good thing is I have remembered to take pictures of step by step process for cake pops. It occurred to me that I had not done a blog about that yet. So, this is just a little update on the fact that I am working on another baking blog!!!

Will update: He loves to watch movies. His favorite movie: The Lion King. It’s quite funny really, when he wants to watch a movie he will bring me any movie that we have. I keep telling him he does not want to watch XXX or Blow or The Barber Shop. If he actually brings me an animated movie that he may appreciate, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Monsters Inc., or the usual, The Lion King. I will start the movie in hopes that he will be entertained while I work on getting supper ready or cleaned up. The funny part (I say funny because no matter how annoying it is now, I will laugh at it when the phase passes) is that if it is anything but The Lion King, he will continue to bring me movie after movie until he finds the right one. The Lion King!

Will is also missing his dad so much. We really can’t wait for some snow, to have Dad around more. As of today we will have 118 head of cattle!!! When I get home I’ll take a picture of our new additions and all the work Dennis has been doing. We now have a huge lot just south of the house. It is crazy at how busy Dennis has been with all the work that is non-chopping related. Once chopping is over we usually get him back, not this year! Hopefully now that the cattle are all in and he isn’t working on the fence until 10 or 11 at night he will be home. I know there is still quite a bit of work he has to do until the lot is up to his standards but the cows will stay in and that’s what matters!

I ordered something from eBay the other day that was by no means necessary! After our doctor’s appointment the other day and this babies’ heart rate had dropped from the mid 160’s to the mid 120’s, along with very little movement yet, I have to admit, I freaked out. I was not only used to Will’s heart rate being in the 160s but I was this child too up until my last appointment. I found a Doppler (like the kind at the doctor’s office only a much cheaper kind). I got it in the mail yesterday and although it is hard to hear it because the volume on the Doppler isn’t incredibly loud, I did get the babies’ heart beat right away! It was holding steady of the mid 120’s to lower 130’s still. It is quit reassuring that I can now hear the little one whenever I want. Especially if he/she isn’t moving much.

No comments:

Post a Comment