Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Painting pumpkin- picture overload!

Warning: There are a million pictures in this blog post! I had so many to choose from. Also, I uploaded them backwards because well... I cant figure out after 2 years of blogging that blogger uploads them that way!

Every year, we find it a blast to get the kids together, strip them down naked and let them paint pumpkins. After the kids painted their pumpkins, I took a jab at carving my pumpkin. Just a little disclaimer, I did use a power tool or two ;).







This is the final product of my pumpkin! I know, I should have taken a picture at night with the lights out, it would have showed up a lot better!



See, Will helped!!! After I outlined my little trees and grave with that tool (I don't know what it is, I just know it was left in my car for 6 months or longer... no names...) I had to go back around with the pumkin carving tools to go all the way threw the thick pumpkin.







This is Tara's pumpkin! It's a little ghost! Not sure why I had the top up like that. My Mom got this peanut pumpkin and she wanted to carve it to see it's guts. I think they may try to plant a few of the seeds next year.













Miss Madelynn got all dirty too with the babies. She didn't have to strip down though. Being five years old you kinda know to be careful.























Will right before bath time! I love it when they get all dirty. My Mom had said "No cloth?" Nope! Not at $20 a pop, not taking a chance of washable paint not washing out!





















Aunt Tara painting with Kaydence. Hope you don't care I blogged a pic of you Tara!!! Kaydence took a bit to figure out the getting dirty business.



Both babies, getting dirty. So much fun!!!













Will knew exactly what to do! It just so happened that we attempted to do this just a few weeks before hand, so it was quite fresh in his mind.

























A cowboy pumpkin???

























Yep, looks good!





"What is that stuff?" Will checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment