Monday, October 26, 2009

20 weeks!!

HALF WAY BABY!!! Or, baby is half baked? Either way you look at it I guess we REALLY need to start thinking about what all we are going to do room wise and furniture wise and everything else that comes with your first baby. This week the baby has been much more active, I now feel it at least once a day. This is pretty exciting for me because it becomes more real. Just in the last two days or so I have felt tightening in my belly. Nikki said that is probably Braxton hicks already.

This week sucked for farm equipment. First off, the chopper attempted to chop a rock. Turns out, that doesn’t work so well. Or does, just adds up a good six to seven thousand dollar bill… I guess that is what insurance is for! So, yes we will only have to pay the deductible but now I am even more worried that the baby’s room will not get done because this will be a winter project. Then, a few days after that happened; something went wrong with the combine. I’m not really sure what happened to it but it is still sitting in the field with corn that is not cut yet. So, hopefully that will be a fix that isn’t too hard and all the guys can get the crops up.

Sunday I got to eat Chinese food! I so wanted Chinese!! And now that a good week has passed, I want a big ol’ plate of beef and broccoli with a side of deep fat fried chicken, or cat, or rat or whatever animal that tastes so darn good. And of course you cant forget that deep fat fried dough coated in sugar! Oh how I love those! Ok, next time we go to Topeka, we ARE eating Chinese!!

The snake is caught! On Tuesday, my nerve grew enough to meander downstairs to see if one of the sticky traps was occupied. And indeed it was. This was also I am sure of it, an America’s Funniest Video winner moment. I poked the dang thing to see if it was still alive or if it was dead. Well, the only last part of it that I saw moved and tried to get further into the stairs. I carefully moved the sticky trap as far back as it would go and hoping that I would kill it, I took a big heave hoe with the shingling fork and just pissed the damn thing off! So, I called Dennis, of course, he didn’t answer so I called my mother-in-law who was determined to get someone to rescue me! (I am so thankful of this, I just new Dennis would give me crap till the day I died if I started calling anyone who would come over) So, Kyle came over and got the snake out for me! I would have stayed to help and also to verify that it was the same snake but I was called into work that day to take a crazy lady to Osawatomie State Hospital. So, I am just telling myself that it was the only lime green and yellow snake that was taking up residency at 2246 H Rd!
Like I said, I was called into work to take crazy lady to the crazy house. This I never mind, I get paid to sit in the car for 6 hours (because that is so different from sitting in front of a computer updating my blog). We got back a little before 5 and I was so excited that it was enough time to go work out at 5:30 at aerobics. So, I went home to change and somehow I got off track and looked at the clock and it was straight up 6 o’clock! I completely forgot! I guess that is the start of pregnancy brain. Hell must have froze over this week too because then on Wednesday Dennis and I went out to eat AGAIN! Loren had the great idea to eat pizza at the Axtell bar. Friday I finally got to enjoy my days off. My sisters, Mom and all the kids and I went shopping in Topeka. I can now get the rest of my Christmas shopping done in town!! You would never believe how we all fit in the van with all of our purchases. It was crazy and a bit fun to watch Mom get in the back between the kiddos. Love you Mom! Saturday, was Trenton’s birthday party. That kid is going to enjoy being a fireman way to much this year! Then on Sunday, I had a Lia Sophia party. It was a fun time and wowzers I get lots of jewelry! My party was big enough that I will get $926 of jewelry for only $120!!! Maybe more, the party doesn’t close until the first.

This week was apparently busier that I thought. This next week will not be much, work, work and more work! Oh ya, that one little thing called a SONOGRAM!!! Yep Tuesday we will get to find out what we are having!! I may be mean and not tell anyone but if Dennis decides to let it slip to every man, woman, and child then I guess I will make the facebook and blog announcement as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment