Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkins!


At the start of week 18, my family is finally thinking that my baby is making it known to the world that he/she is coming! It has taken a while but I guess I don’t look just fat, that maybe just maybe I am indeed helping to populate the world. This week baby has been pretty still, at least not active enough for me to notice. Baby is 5 ½ inches long and weighs in at a whopping 5 ounces! At least it isn’t enough yet for Mom-to-be to gain too much weight yet! 16 days until we find out whether we are having a little boy or a little girl growing inside of me!!!!

Dennis has been keeping busy this week between driving to Sabetha and combining. But there really hasn’t been anything to big or exciting for the week. Just the typical day in a life of Dennis Deters, work, work, work!

Besides the whole snake episode this week, I really haven’t had too much either. Yesterday I had a blast having my family come over to paint pumpkins! Amy and Latasha came over with Ella. Ella painted her pumpkin with lots of glitter, I think Latasha may have her hands full for when she gets older and can get anything that is shinny! Madelynn of course picked pink to paint her pumpkin, all different colors of pink! Trenton liked the black and blue approach, and Logan enjoyed painting himself white more so than the pumpkin that was chosen for him. With the help of others, I do think they enjoyed themselves. Madelynn helped me get the seeds out of three pumpkins to roast. She didn’t seem to interested until I did it and then she was all about helping get dirty, I mean get the seed out. Nikki made camel apples that were delicious, and a little hazardous to some people’s teeth! Dad lost a crown in the processes of enjoying this fall treat. They all left about supper time leaving Amy and I. We then decided to finish carving the last two pumpkins that were left. In all, it was a great evening that I hope all enjoyed. (Amy's is the trick or treat and my pumpkin is the monster guy)


No comments:

Post a Comment