Monday, January 23, 2012

32 1/2 weeks with Baby #2!

Less than seven weeks left before this baby will make an appearance into the world. We are so very excited to meet her! At this appointment earlier today, I am proud that I only gained 1lb! That leaves me at 28lbs up. I told my doctor about all the Braxton Hicks contractions I have been having lately. Last week I know I had about 15 by noon when I was working day shift. I thought that if they didn't slow down then I would make a call into my doctor and see what she thought. Because of the amount I had been having, she wanted to check just to make sure that they were not doing the job of real contractions. Luckily, they are indeed just the annoying Braxton Hicks contractions, and not making any change.

I was measuring 33 1/2cm and that is great. She is also head back down!! Very good thing for that. Her brother will just have to walk a lot more so that he doesn't sit on her and flip her over again...

A little different thing happened too, my blood pressure was a bit high for me. It was 107/88. I normally am lower than 110/mid 60's. So the bottom number is something to keep an eye out for I guess. With the blood pressure being a little high, and finding just a little protein in my urine, it made my doctor want to keep an extra eye on things. So, I have to give another urine sample by Friday to check the protein levels. She thought it may be because I was a little dehydrated. When I work nights, I wake up at and eat a bowl of cereal (this day it was noonish) and then I had just a little soda on the way to my appointment. So, not much to drink at all. I knew I was dehydrated so lets hope that is the reason for the protein. I have been ordered to drink a lot more water. For some reason, this is hard for me to do!!

I go back in two weeks for a few tests and blood work to go along with my normal check up appointment. The tests are the Group B Strep test, nothing big, just a swab check to see if I have it, if I do then I have to get anti biotic during labor. I was negative with Will so I'm sure that I will be again but if so, no biggie. I will get some blood drawn and I'm not sure what they will check with this besides my platelet numbers to see if I am good to get an epidural. I wasn't ever worried about that with Will as I am not this time either... Although, I better be able to get one of those things!!

Next time I wright an update on Baby #2, I will be almost 35 weeks along. Can you believe that? And here I thought that Will's pregnancy went fast. Now my baby is almost two years old.

On a side note, I told him he was almost TWO and I said it funny with my two fingers out. Now he has started to go "TWO" but instead of having his fingers in the V shape, he has them crossed. It's pretty cute, I need to get a video of that one and put it up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment