Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thanks Tara!

A while back, my beautiful sister, Tara made some Dulce De Leche and gave me one! I'm glad she did. It is so very tasty! I think it would be amazing in some coffee... This time however, I decided to put it in something else. Ya, your right, cupcakes. Who would think I would do something else?

I made a basic spice cake (although I added all my good stuff and made the box cake taste pretty amazing!) Because the Dulce De Leche was so thick I thought I needed to thin it out a bit. I added just a little milk, but I think I added a little too much because it just went all threw out the cupcake. Not that that was a bad thing by any means.
Once filled, I added a cream cheese frosting. There was another item I was wanting to try out that I had received as a gift. It's a frosting plunger thing (I'm not sure what the actual name is...) that I got for Christmas. It seems pretty cool really but I think my cream cheese frosting was too thick and it wouldn't come out the tip.

I am excited to try this frosting plunger thing out again on some butter cream and see how it works. I know from others that say they love it, it will be a pretty cool thing once I know how to use it and with what kind of frosting.



Ta-Da! Pretty darn tasty cupcakes! At least that is what my taste testers, Will and Dennis seemed to think. I do have a little of the Dulce De Leche left in the fridge at home and I'm very excited to try it in some coffee!!!


1 comment: