Saturday, January 14, 2012

Big Boy Bed!!!!

Last night was the first night in the big boy bed. Will did great for such a big change. He cried for about 20 minutes off and on at first and finally went to sleep. He stayed in his bed though and I think that surprised his Dad. At about 1:15 he did fall out of bed and as soon as he fell back to sleep he fell again. I kinda figured he would since he was quite close to the edge. After Will fell asleep that second time he slept until morning.

And yes, I grabbed my camera before going in to get him. This is what I walked into this morning. One happy big boy! Thanks to the greatest Dad in the world for making his Grandson a frame for Wills bed! Dennis thought it needed something to go around it to keep the mattress from sliding around though. Overprotective Dad he is... Dennis did think he was fine sleeping on the floor on the mattress and so I asked my Dad to do this for Will.

2 comments:

  1. So many talented people in your family, Natalie! I like the size. We've been talking about what we'll do next since V is a climber and sooner or later he's going to escape from his crib. I was thinking mattress on the floor, but maybe a little bed like this would be good :) (Tell your dad to ship me one, Ok?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done the mattress on the floor too but with the mice problem we have, it bothered me a bit! I know the mice could still crawl on him but much less chance than if it were on the floor. So, if it works for V than do it! I do think the first night though, it kinda freaked him out to be so much lower than the crib. He got over it quickly though.

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete