Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!!


I know, it's a bit late but I hope you guys had a great evening. We spent the weekend in Kansas City to watch this adorable couple get married!

Although Will refused to sleep much in the hotel that weekend, it was a great time. We aren't sure if it was the hotel or if Will was just truly sick. He woke up with such a dry cough. He was up about 2 hours each night. We left the wedding early and I felt bad about that but with the little amount of sleep Will got, I was glad that we did leave early.


Earlier in the day we wanted to go swimming. We were quite shocked to find out that the hotel did not have an indoor pool. Can you believe that, we went swimming OUTSIDE on New Years Eve!! It was about 60* outside so warm compared to normal January weather in Kansas but the pool was heated. The pool was about 80* or a little warmer, it felt like a cool bath. I didn't think it was all that bad but Mom said that Wills head was purple. Him being half albino, it doesn't take much!! (Just kidding, but you can't get much more white and blonde hair than him). So, we went inside and sat by the hot tub as I splashed the hot water on Will and I to warm up. He warmed up quickly as did I. So, this is my sister Tara, Logan her son and our Mom swimming on NYE!!!
We stayed at this nice hotel that is attached to a shopping center. It was so nice that we didn't leave the the hotel the entire weekend except for the wedding. We ate lunch at this place called Fritz. It is a little Rail Road place that has little trains deliver your food to you. It was so cute and Will and Logan loved it. Will is probably distracted by a train. Trains come close to his favorite things at the moment, but I do think puppies win!



I hope that you leave 2011 with great memories, and the new year brings you even better ones. It is hard to believe that in just a little over nine weeks we will have another child. Will is going to be a great big brother. I am excited for him to have someone to play with, fight with, and love.

2 comments:

  1. We love going to Fritz's when we are in KC. The boys request it every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very cute! I remember going there as a kid once but I was pretty young. I'm sure we'll have to go there again when ever we make it back to KC...
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete