Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

We didn't do much as we never do. I did however want to make a fun dessert. It was quite easy and if you have older kids, they would have a blast making them.


Start with those chocolate wafers that I use all the time. Melt the chocolate 30 seconds at a time.


Take a blown up balloon (only partially blown up, it would make a huge bowl if it was fully blown up!) and dip it in the melted chocolate.


I mixed the milk chocolate and the white chocolate just a little to have a little swirl in the bowl.


Set the balloons on waxed paper to dry. (Please forgive the messy kitchen table. I chose to use my burst of energy to make supper instead of cleaning the kitchen!)


After they are set, you pop the balloon and carefully peel the balloon away from the chocolate. A tip that would have helped me that I didn't think about was if you spray the balloon with Pam it would be easier to come off. I'm not sure if you would have trouble with the chocolate sticking though so give it try on one and see...

Then you fill your beautiful blown of whatever you wish. We had some strawberries in the fridge that needed eating so we had ice cream and strawberries! So pretty for a Valentines Day dessert!


What I do with the left-over chocolate is fill a candy mold with the chocolate and enjoy! I'm an anti-food-thrower-awayer so I use whatever I can without throwing it away.


1 comment: