Saturday, February 4, 2012

New hobby fun!

I don't remember if I mentioned that I have started a new hobby. For the longest time, I never cared to learn how to crochet. My sister tried to teach me once but if I remember, it was in a car and well, I really didn't care all that much. I thought it was awesome at all the things she could do with crocheting, but I just had no desire to learn. Seriously, have you seen some of those booties?!


Well, I have started to learn. I really have no idea what I'm doing so I just have to ask another crocheter and follow what they say. This is the first scarf and stitch that I did. It took forever! I apparently wasn't doing it correctly so that is why my stitches were so close together but it does look neat and it stays together so, it works! I was tired of doing this stitch so I just finished it off and made a small infinity scarf.



This was supposed to be a double stitch but because Tara taught me over the phone one night, I skipped one step to the stitch so it turned out to be a double half stitch. (I laugh that it's called a double half stitch but yet it isn't a single stitch!) It's okay though, it is a stitch that I needed to learn anyway.


Once I learned the true double stitch, I tried out a baby hat! I love it!!! I have to admit, this was not the first hat I tried to make. The first one will be a doll hat, if that it was so small. So, I did it again and this time it worked. After looking up the correct measurements of a baby hat, I now have one that SHOULD fit this baby girl once born.



So, here are my starter crochet projects! I'm pretty excited about how they have turned out. While not many of them turned out the way I planned, it still worked out! I'm excited to start a new project and learn so much more. Crocheting is fun and fast once you know what your doing.

1 comment:

  1. I love them Natalie! So glad you are enjoying the challange of knot tying :) (or is it looping?)
    - Tara

    ReplyDelete